Mock “Tuna” Salad
Add to bowl:
- Slightly mashed Chickpeas – 3 cans (or white navy beans or both)
- Celery – 4 sticks chopped up
- Red Onion – half of one cut up
- Tahini – 2 Tbsp
- Cooked Quinoa – 1 cup
- Lemon Juice – 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Fresh Dill – 1 Tbsp
- Peas – 1 can
- (Optional) – Add homemade plant based mayo
Slightly Blend this all together.
Put this between bread, in a lettuce wrap, use it as a dip, or eat it plain.
Roasted Cauliflower with Green Beans + Sunflower Seed Purée
Green Beans: Add fresh green beans and some sliced garlic into a skillet and cover with a little bit of water. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until they soften, 3-5 minutes. The water should have been or been close to evaporated.
Sunflower Seed Purée:
- 1 Cup – Sunflower seeds (soaked overnight and rinsed if possible)
- 1 Tsp – Garlic Powder (or 2-3 cloves)
- 1 Tsp – Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp – Lemon Juice
- 1/3 Cup – Plant Milk of your choosing
- Salt to taste
Add all of these ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
To serve warm: Add 2 Tbsp of milk to a pot with the purée and stir on low heat until warm.
All done! You can also use the sunflower seed butter as a spread on bread or a dip.